August 21, 2012

Update without details

So, I'm gonna post this even though I'm sure its just going to annoy people. It would annoy me, because I like answers and this post is going to lack answers....

Today at my doctors appointment it was determined that the twins do, indeed, have Twin to twin transfusion . I will have to have fetal laser surgery to try to disrupt the blood flow from one twin to the other, and hopefully even things out a bit. This is a pretty high risk procedure but we have been assured that if we do not do something than both twins' lives are in jeopardy.
I am going to have the procedure at Texas Children's Hospital, in Houston Texas. This is good because they are not only use to military families, but they are also close to our own family in Texas.

All of this will probably happen in the next two weeks.

Please pray for our little girls. And for us. I know above all that the Lord will be glorified in this situation. I just don't exactly know how its going to all play out.

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Praying for you all!!

Anonymous said...

Praying.

kristy said...

praying for you and the whole family!! x

Kayti said...

saying a prayer right now! <3

Jenny Woolley said...

You are very much in our thoughts and prayers, Abbey. Lots of love, Jenny Woolley

Sheron said...

We will continue to pray for all of you but particularly for Pricilla and Tabitha. God Bless.
Love, Aunt Sheron

JCB said...

Abigail, I had heard of this surgery, and that it is often very successful. I'm glad you are going to have this done! Although, of course, no one enjoys medical procedures, so I'm sorry you have to go through all this. And I'm glad you'll get to be in Houston! We're praying for all of you.
~Ruth Marie

Anonymous said...

Maggie and I are praying for you and your family. We love you. Ryan

Amy K. said...

I love you, Abigail, and am praying for peace and comfort for you and your precious family during this time of uncertainty.